When advanced grading methods are enabled, the grade selection element is replaced with more complex assessment forms. These are Checklists, Grading guides, and Rubrics. Instructors select the grading form they want to use on activities that allow it, such as Assignments and Open forums.
More on advanced grading methods for instructors
Advanced grading form templates can be created. Only site administrators and managers share the templates site-wide.Templates allow for the quick creation of forms that can then be reused in multiple courses on a site. Existing forms can be published as a template or new ones can be created from scratch.
Create site-wide advanced grading form template
Steps in Snap: Open forum or Assignment > Admin > Advanced grading > Change active grading method to > Checklist, Grading guide, or Rubric
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Open forum or Assignment > Activity administration > Advanced grading > Change active grading method to > Checklist, Grading guide, or Rubric
- Navigate to aa Open forum or an activity where you want to add an advanced grading form. Select the name to enter the forum or activity.
- Navigate to Administration > Advanced Grading.
- Choose an advanced grading method: Checklist, Grading Guide, or Rubric.
- Modify the form as needed.
- Select Save.
- Select Publish the form as a new template.
- Select Continue to save a copy of the grading form as a new public template that can be used for other modules.