Please note this article has been moved to our new Open LMS Support Knowledge Base – https://support.openlms.net/
Each user has a private files area for uploading and managing a set of files. The Private files repository provides the following benefits:
- Organize files into private folders and sub-folders
- Upload files easily to the course
- Link or copy files into course modules
- Linked files only need to be updated in one place
More on managing repositories on the Moodle website (may be available in English only)
Enable the Private files repository
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage repositories
Private files are turned on by default in all new and upgraded sites. If you need to change the setting, complete the following steps.
- From Administration select Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage repositories.
- Update the Private files setting.
Options include Enabled and visible, Enabled but hidden, and Disabled.
- Select Continue to save the changes.
Set global maximum storage size
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Security > Site policies
You can set maximum number of bytes that your users can store in their own private file area.
- From Administration select Site administration
- Select Security and Site policies.
- Update the User quota bytes.
The default is 100MB (104857600KB).
- Select Save Changes when finished.