The Intelligent Learning Platform (ILP) block provides Ellucian (formerly Datatel) clients with the ability to set midterm and final grades for a course, send retention alerts, and view the last date of attendance for a student in the course. The midterm and final grades can also be published directly to the Datatel system.
The Intelligent Learning Platform block is part of Open LMS Ellucian integration.
Steps in Snap: Course Dashboard > Edit blocks > Add a block > ILP Integration
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Add a block > ILP Integration
- Back to Portal: A direct link back to the Intelligent Learning Platform site collection home page, where users are redirected to their constituency home page. This displays to students as well.
- Retention Alert: Displays a listing of all students with a link that goes to the Contribute Retention Info page in the Intelligent Learning Platform’s WebAdvisor. If a teacher identifies a potential problem based on assignment scores or attendance, the teacher can click that link to contribute retention information.
This feature is available only if you have licensed the optional Student Retention Alert module A retention alert is a feature of the Intelligent Learning Platform and is configured and sent through the Intelligent Learning Platform, not Open LMS.
- Midterm Grades: Submit up to six midterm grades (depending on the site settings for the block) for each student in the course as well as the student’s last date of attendance or if the student has never attended the course, just like with the Last Date of Attendance page. The Populate with course grade… drop-down list can be used to automatically populate any of the midterm grades with the current course grade as seen in the Current Grade column. Otherwise, you can manually enter a letter grade in each midterm column for the student. Once you have entered all the data for the students, click Submit Grades to mark the grades and last date of attendance for import into Datatel Colleague.
When you click Submit Grades, the entered grades are checked against both the Moodle grade letters table and the ILP blocks list of additional grade letters. If a submitted grade is not found in either place, an error message is displayed immediately.
- Final Grades: Submit the student’s final grade for the course. The Populate with course grade… drop-down list can be used to automatically populate any of the midterm grades with the current course grade as seen in the Current Grade column. Otherwise, you can manually enter a letter grade in each midterm column for the student. The Expire Date column is used to set the grade for the student to expire in Colleague. It is recommended that this only be used for incomplete grades. Once you have entered all the data for the students, click Submit Grades to mark the grades, expire date and last date of attendance for import into Colleague.
When the teacher clicks the Submit Grades button, the entered grades are checked against both the grade letters table and the list of additional grade letters. If a submitted grade is not found in either place, an error message is displayed immediately.
The site administrator can configure the ILP Integration block to lock the final grades after you have submitted them. If this is configured, you can’t change the student’s final grade after submission and the Final Grades tab will display the submitted grades from then on.
- Last Date of Attendance: View a list of all students in the course. Enter a last date of attendance for a student or indicate that the student never attended the class. It also displays a link to create a retention alert just like Retention Alert. Add a date in the format required by the site settings for the block (MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, or YYYY/MM/DD) to the text field in the Last Date of Attendance column or check the checkbox in the Never attended column of the page for each student you wish to submit data for.
If you enter the date in a format that doesn’t match the site settings for the block, then an error appears at the top of the page.
- Daily Attendance: Go to an attendance form in WebAdvisor. The behavior depends on whether the Colleague course section uses the positive attendance method for funding accounting, as specified in the Funding Acctg Method field on the Section Financial Info (SFIN) form. If the course does not use positive attendance, the link is to the Attendance Calendar form in WebAdvisor. If the course does use positive attendance, then the link is to a menu in WebAdvisor where the user can access either the Attendance Calendar form or the Attendance Hours form.
- ST Gradebook: The site administrator can choose to have teachers submit students’ grades and last date of attendance in the ST Gradebook in WebAdvisor. If the site administrator has set the ST Gradebook feature, then the ILP Integration block displays the ST Gradebook instead of Midterm Grades, Final Grades and Date of Last Attendance.