What is the Gradebook?
The Gradebook is more than just a way to record students’ grades. It’s a dynamic and interactive tool that allows you to record data, calculate grades, and monitor student progress. You can generate reports to communicate information to parents, administrators, and other stakeholders.
In the Gradebook, you can provide and manage your students’ grades for assignments, tests, discussion posts, journals, blogs, and wikis. You can also create grade columns for any activities or requirements you want to grade, such as special projects, participation, or attendance.
Why use it?
You can set up grade categories, move assignments, and grade activities easier than ever. You can message students from the Gradebook and change every grade in a column at once.
With the Gradebook you can do the following.
- View the Gradebook with a simple landing page of Gradebook category and course totals.
- See Gradebook categories and their weights in the course total.
- Navigate to other Gradebook categories with arrows and a jump-menu.
- Perform actions upon Gradebook columns and rows with a simple menu.
- Send a message to all students within a column whose grade falls within a specified range.
- Send a message to all students within a column who have not completed the assignment.
- Set all grades within a column to one value (and exclude rows with existing values, if desired).
- Edit all grades in a column. You can also set empty grades to “0”.
- Hide or show a Gradebook column. Students won’t see grades in a hidden column.
- Move an activity into a different Gradebook category.
- Edit all of the grades of an individual student. You can also set empty grades to “0”.
- Send a message to an individual student.