Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.1 Maintenance Pack 2 release.
Release to Production 13 April 2017. The release time depends on your location and time zone:
- North America, Central America, and South America, excluding Brazil (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon, and Newfoundland-Labrador time zones: April 13th at 12:30 am – 2:30 am EDT
- Central time zone: April 13th at 12:30 am – 2:30 am CDT
- Mountain and Pacific time zones: April 13th at 12:30 am – 2:30 am PDT
- Brazil (São Paulo data center): April 13th at 12:30 am – 2:30 am BRT
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (Amsterdam, NL datacenter): April 13th at 12:30 am – 2:30 am CEST
- Asia Pacific, excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): April 13th at 12:30 am – 2:30 am SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU data center): April 13th at 12:30 am – 2:30 am AEST
Downtime will be required for your production AND non-production sites during this window.
Non-production site upgrade schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, April 6th, 2017 between 8 AM – 5 PM EDT.
Collaborate separate group sessions
Group work got easier in your Collaborate activities. Instructors can now have separate groups associated with a Collaborate activity instance. Each group gets their own Collaborate session. This allows segregated group work for the activity type in the course.
Recording names include both the activity instance and group titles. Making them easy to find later.
Featured courses section on front page
Snap now provides a clean and modern way to highlight courses on the front page. Site administrators can add up to 8 courses on the front page by using the course id numbers. Course cover images and titles automatically appear on the front page after configuration.
Ability to show resources as cards or a list
Change how resources and activities appear in your Snap courses. Snap allows organizations to display resources and activities as cards or simple links. The new simple links display is more common in traditional Moodle themes. Making Snap easier to adopt.
Improvements on user profile page layout
You never looked so good! We gave user profiles in Snap a face-life. Profiles now make better use of white space, alignment, and mobile displays.
Course page alternative layout
Administrators can now choose where course navigation goes in Snap. Move the table of contents to the left of the course content or above it.
Resize course cover images for course cards
Snap now optimizes image size for course cards in the personal menu. If your course cover image is wider than 1000 pixels, Snap creates a new image with a width of 720 pixels. This new image becomes the course card image in the personal menu. Reducing the image width decreases loading speeds and improves mobile data consumption.
If the course cover image width is 1000 pixels or smaller, Snap doesn’t need to create a new image. Course cards in the personal menu can use the same image.
Plugin reviews and updates
Updates to plugins you currently use will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request updates. Plugins you do not use will not be available automatically and you will need to request access to them by submitting a support ticket.
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
- General Improvements
- Fixed an issue with H5P installs occasionally requiring an updated version of the H5P plugin.
- Fixed an issue with PLD rules not being triggered after enrollment end dates.
- When duplicating Collaborate activities, the guest link will now be different from the original Collaborate activity.
- Fixed a bug in where site short names could not be changed.
- Added the ability to use HAKA authentication.
- Improved Atto Advanced Editor performance in HSUForum.
- Fixed bug where edit drop-down menu did not appear for items in custom express themes in Firefox.
- Backported MDL-56271to allow for Captchas to work in feedback.
- Radio Buttons now display in Lesson T/F questions in Firefox when using the Express theme.
- Fixed Broken Images in Atto Editor Chemistry plugin.
- Special Characters now display in Frequently Used Comments in Joule Grader.
- Frequently Used Comments now wrap in Joule grader.
- Updated Open LMS code review guidelines.
- Advanced forum post images will now be maintained when a user edits a post.
- Optimized the user experience for users on smaller devices.
- Fixed Social Media Icons in Snap by making the gray background transparent to support custom background colors.
- Improved User Profile page layout.
- Updated copyright footer year.
- Added option to allow course grades to be displayed in the personal menu.
- Fixed a bug with the course feedback available icon not displaying in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug with Collaborate Sessions displaying an error message after leaving a session.
- Snap’s Feature Images now display above the Feature Text in Marketing Spots.
- Snap now uses the Moodle global version of jQuery.
- Fixed issue where Joule Reports Text did not wrap when language was set to Spanish.
- Fixed an issue where Read More button on front page required a user to log in.
- Course card images now load as you scroll.
- Fixed completion tracking line height.
- Fixed front page showing multiple edit icons.
Release notes that are identified by * were added after the original announcement on April 6, 2017.