Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.3 Maintenance Pack 1 release.
Updates to the release notes made after the initial release date of January 25 are marked with an asterisk *
Release to Production 1 February 2018. The release time depends on your location and time zone:
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA data center): Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador Time Zones: February 1st at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM EDT
- Central Time Zone: February 1st at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Time Zones: February 1st at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM PDT
- South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil, data center): February 1st at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM BRT
- EMEA (Frankfurt, Germany, data center): February 1st at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore data center): February 1st at 2:30 AM – 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, Australia, data center): February 1st at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM AEST
Downtime will be required for your production AND non-production sites during this window
Non-production site upgrade schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, January 25, 2018, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
Plugin reviews and updates
Updates to plugins you currently use will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request updates. Plugins you do not use will not be available automatically and you will need to request access to them by submitting a support ticket.
- SafeAssign – Various performance and stability updates
- SAML2- Added ability to input custom entity ids
- Ally – Performance improvements
- Collab – Added group options when group setting is forced in the course.
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
- Added the ability to define a custom entityid for the saml2 plugin
- Fixed a problem on which web services returning user preferences were too strict on type (Backport of MDL-59876 )
- Open Forums
- Changed the activity icon in themes different than Snap
- Added the ability for instructors to receive notifications when new plagiarism scores are available
- Improved course selection performance
- Fixed comparison reports displaying wrong controls in Boost & Snap
- Fixed a problem where adding a new section and course tools links were not showing in IE11 when clicked from sections in the second attempt
- Formatted content now correctly displays in preview.