Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.3 Maintenance Pack 2 release.
Non-Production Sites Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, April 5, 2018 between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET.
Release to Production on April 12, 2018. The release time depends on your location and time zone:
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their timezone:
- Eastern Timezone: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM EDT
- Central Timezone: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Timezones: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM PDT
- South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil datacenter): Thursday, April 12, 2018, 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM BRT
- EMEA (Amsterdam, NL datacenter): Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): Thursday, April 12, 2018, 2017, 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU datacenter): Thursday, April 12, 2018, 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM AEDT
Downtime will be required for your production AND non-production sites during this window
As part of the Open LMS 3.3 MP2 upgrade that took place on Thursday April 12th, your production site has been upgraded to include version 3.3.5 of Moodle core. This minor point release was included in order to address several security concerns as well as to help sites comply with upcoming GDPR requirements. A full list of Moodle Core code changes can be found here https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_3.3.5_release_notes.
- GDPR Plugins from Moodle: https://moodle.org/plugins/tool_policy and https://moodle.org/plugins/tool_dataprivacy
Policies and Data Privacy are core plugins provided by Moodle Core
- SafeAssign 2017121504
- Ally 2017120802
- ILP v 3.0.1 2018011102
- Open Forums
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
- Added glob support for Conduit file consumption.
- Fixed focus on completion toggle in Snap.
- Fixed a bug in Snap where a favicon prevents course from being delivered as LTI tool.
- Improved Cache Lock time performance.
- Fixed a bug that caused a problem with duplicate emails in Conduit.
- Fixed a bug that caused activity ID number to be overwritten when grading a student using Open Grader.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Snap users from returning to their original role.
- Fixed several accessibility items including focus and li item roles.
- Fixed typos on the LIS instance settings page.
- Fixed an error when deleting next to last course topic in Snap theme.
- Fixed an error where long names push recent sent message preview downward into name container below.
- Fixed resolution for profile picture in Collaborate.
- Personalized role added PLD permission to allow link to show in the Course Dashboard.
- Fixed MR Forum Settings position when post fails to save.
- Due dates are now visible for course activities when non-English language is selected.
- Fixed a bug where course grade not displayed on Snap course dashboard.
- Fixed auto-subscribe problems for MR forums.
- Made admin tooltips consistent in the Snap theme.
New category color settings for Snap
Site administrators can now set the colors for fonts and other visual elements that would apply for specific categories in Snap by adding category id combined with the color code value in Snap settings.
When the colors are configured this way, the color is displayed on for the specific category and any subcategories and courses within it.