We’re delighted to announce that the next Open LMS release is July 12, 2018.
This release brief is your primary source of release information. It is a living document that includes high-level information about the new release components, links to key documentation and release notes, and links to access the recordings of our customer webinars.
This is a living document. Return often so you can get the most up-to-date information and resources throughout the release process.
We are excited about moving forward together with you! If you have any questions regarding the release process, please reach out to your client engagement team at [email protected].
Downtime will be required for both production AND non-production sites during this window
New release on non-production (sandbox) sites
- We will upgrade non-production (sandbox) sites on June 5, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET. Non-production upgrades occur during North American business hours to improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window.
New release on production sites
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Upgrades will occur on client sites according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador Time zones: July 12th at 12:30 AM – 6:30 AM EST
- Central Time zone: July 12th at 12:30 AM – 6:30 AM CST
- Mountain and Pacific Time zones: July 12th at 12:30 AM – 6:30 AM PST
- South America (São Paulo, Brazil data center): July 12th at 12:30 AM – 6:30 AM BRST
- EMEA (Amsterdam, Netherlands data center): July 12th at 12:30 AM – 6:30 AM CET
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): July 12th at 12:30 AM – 6:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, Australia datacenter): July 12th at 12:30 AM – 6:30 AM AEDT
Reminder that we are removing Express as part of the 3.4 release. Express will stop working on June 5th in sandbox sites and July 12th in production sites.
In this release, we focused on the following:
- Upgrade to Moodle Core 3.4.3
- Better calendar management
- Helpful file type selector
- Unified user management view
- New filters for user tours
- Override completion status
- IntelliBoard 5.0
- New plugins
- Custom Certificate
- Express theme End of Life