Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.5 Maintenance Pack 1 Release.
Release to production 14 February 2019. The release time depends on your data center location and time zone:
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their timezone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador Timezones: February 14th at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM EDT
- Central Timezone: February 14th at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Timezones: February 14th at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM PDT
- South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil datacenter): February 14th at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM BRT
- EMEA (Frankfurt datacenter): February 14th at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): February 14th at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU datacenter): February 14th at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM AEST
Non-Production Sites Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, February 7, 2019, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
Downtime will be required for your production and non-production sites during this window.
Snap expected completed date
Snap’s deadlines feature now works with the expected completed on date that can be defined for activities. This helps students avoid missing deadlines for activities that don’t have a due date set and not shown in Snap’s personal menu in the past.
Drift subscription for admin notifications pre-enabled for all sites
Open LMS site administrators have the option to receive notifications about important news and updates for Open LMS directly from the Drift communications channel. This tool is pre-enabled for all site administrators. News, updates, and information appear to site administrators in the Drift Widget.
We strongly recommend leaving this subscription enabled to be notified of important updates, however, site administrators can unsubscribe from this communication channel using the Drift subscriptions link on their profile page.
Course activities offset
Template-based courses restored via conduit now support activity dates offset. This lets site administrators to set a start date for the course using Conduit’s Web Service or CSV file which allows Conduit to set up the dates for the course activities based on the template and specific course date.
Course start date: 04-Feb-2019
First activity start date: 07-Feb-2019
Restored course via Conduit:
Specified start date: 05-Mar-2019
Conduit automatic offset for first activity: 08-Mar-2019
Plugin reviews and updates
Updates to plugins you currently use will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request updates. Plugins you do not use will not be available automatically and you will need to request access to them by submitting a support ticket.
- Ally (2018080805)
- Respondus 4.0 Web Services (2019011400)
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
- Security fix backport MSA-19-0001
- Personalized Learning Designer
- Improvements on web services to retrieve available courses for enrolment action
- Included a fix for token existence validation
- Included a fix for activity hiding behavior