Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.10 MP1 Release. This is a working document, so follow this page and check back often for updates!
August 12, 2021
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their timezone:
- Eastern, Amazon, and Newfoundland-Labrador Timezones: August 12, 2020, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM EDT
- Central Timezone: August 12, 2020, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Timezones: August 12, 2020, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM PDT
- South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil datacenter): August 12, 2020, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM BRT
- EMEA (Frankfurt datacenter): August 12, 2020, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): August 12, 2020, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU datacenter): August 12, 2020, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM AEST
Non-Production Sites Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, August 5, 2020, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
Downtime will be required for your production and non-production sites during this window.
Plugin reviews and updates
Review all plugins in our Plugin Matrix
Updates to plugins you are already using will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request it. Plugins you are not already using will not be available automatically and will need to be requested in a support ticket.
OLMS maintained and vendor plugins
|Name||Old version||New version||Component|
|SAML2 Single sign-on||2019110701||2021062900||‘saml2’|
End of life of plugins
To be removed in the 3.11 release – December 2021
|Elluminate||‘block_elluminate’ and ‘mod_elluminate’|
|Content publisher||‘tool_cpub’ and ‘ltisource_cpub’|
UX, UI, and Accessibility improvements
Snap’s default color
In Snap, we used to create new sites and demo sites with our Open LMS brand orange color #ff7f41 as the default navigation site. This color fails the WCAG color contrast ratio check that Snap applies to color, so, in order to keep improving our accessibility, we rebranded all out-of-the-box sites with our new Open LMS EDU logo and specified the purple color #82009E as the default site color.
Snap’s mobile view of the header
In Snap’s header, we display a lot of options to ease navigation. These different options would overlap with the logo when they were accessed from small devices. In order to correct that, some of the headers menus were redistributed and redesigned for the mobile view to display correctly.
Snap’s ‘My Courses menu’ notification
When opening the ‘My Courses’ menu in Snap, if a user has over a hundred curses listed, they will now get a notification saying that the progress bar will not be displayed. By default, the limit for the number of courses is 100. This improvement was made to ensure proper performance of the view and to provide users a clear message of why the progress bar no longer appears under this specific circumstance.
Bug Fixes and Minor Enhancements
- Snap – Deadline queries throttling and fixes
- My courses button overlaps the content in Snap
- Create CLI script to detect custom certificates mistakenly issued
- Behat test fix
- Feed blocks in Snap theme are not loading correctly
- 3.10 translations
- Security – Backport 3.10.5 patches
- Improvements around the custom certificates validation script
- Snap – Deadline refresh task has a max duration
- Fix typo in the certificate script name
- Permissions in category can’t be saved
- Add “My Account” (local_myaccount) to the Translation component list in tool_mrlang
- JSON error when adding large files from repositories
- Backport MDL-72203 – Redirect security checks should not introduce additional cURL requests
- Research – Add database indexes to improve course deletion performance
- RedisCluster plugin – make README document
- CCM – Standardize font family, padding, and margins
- Re-enrollment may trigger PLDs rules and display PLD alerts to site admin
- Snap – HVP support for CSS overrides
- Snap – Validate hsuforum existence for running query
- CCM – Dummy courses are listed on ‘Searching sections’
- SOAP migration: Create the data collector/saver
- SOAP migration: Create a process to replace outdated data
- Classic theme navigation block is not expanding
- CCM – Issues related to CRUD processes
- In Snap, the show option to “make available but not shown on course page” is not available from the activity quick menu when the topic is hidden as it is in other themes.
- Complete PHP 7.4 support
- Site News shows the timestamp of post creation rather than the last edit timestamp
- CCM: Search courses generates an error
- PLD – In the rules the action “send email” is not working properly
- Fix edit_permissions.feature test – Failing in Bamboo but passed in local