Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.10 MP2 Release. This is a working document, so follow this page and check back often for updates!
October 21, 2021
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their timezone:
- Eastern, Amazon, and Newfoundland-Labrador Timezones: October 21, 2021, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM EDT
- Central Timezone: October 21, 2021, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Timezones: October 21, 2021, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM PDT
- South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil datacenter): October 21, 2021, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM BRT
- EMEA (Frankfurt datacenter): October 21, 2021, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): October 21, 2021, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU datacenter): October 21, 2021, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM AEST
Non-Production Sites Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, October 7, 2021, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
Downtime will be required for your production and non-production sites during this window.
Upgrade to Core 3.10.6
As part of this maintenance pack, the team in Open LMS upgraded the platform to 3.10.6, adding the corresponding fixes, improvements, and security patches of versions 3.10.4, 3.10.5, and 3.10.6.
For the full releases notes from Moodle.org, please see:
Plugin reviews and updates
Review all plugins in our Plugin Matrix
Updates to plugins you are already using will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request it. Plugins you are not already using will not be available automatically and will need to be requested in a support ticket.
|Plugin Name||Old version||New version||Component|
|Auth enrol key||2020011400||2021021700.03||‘auth_enrolkey’|
|Atto echo 360||2020052801||2021091001||‘atto_echo360attoplugin’|
|Big blue button||2019101005||2019101011||‘mod_bigbluebuttonbn’|
|Turnitin tool two||2020111801||2021060801||‘mod_turnitintooltwo’|
|Question type: gapfill||2018120800||2021073100||‘qtype_gapfill’|
|Question type: Multichoiceset||2020111701||2021071200||‘qtype_multichoiceset’|
|Report edit dates||2019111100||2020121800||‘report_editdates’|
|Profile field vendor||2021071100||2021082300||‘profilefield_vendor’|
|Plugin Name||Last Version||Component||Comments|
End of life of plugins
To be removed in the 3.11 release – December 2021
|Elluminate||‘block_elluminate’ and ‘mod_elluminate’|
|Content publisher||‘tool_cpub’ and ‘ltisource_cpub’|
My Account redesign
As part of our initiative to improve UI, UX, and accessibility, the plugin of My Account has been redesigned. This new design is user-friendlier, modern-looking, and also follows our UX and Ax standards. Separated into two views.
With the most important links to be accessed within the same view
With important reports like active and registered users last month, file storage usage, and manual backup files storage usage.
Deferred reports enhancements
For this release, we have made enhancements to our SQL admin deferred reports:
Admin user selection for all reports
Platform admins can now choose which site admins can see all of the deferred reports of the platform. Our mrsupport user can see all reports by default so that our OLMS support team can take a look at what’s running or what’s queued.
The setting can be found in Site administration › Plugins › Blocks › Reports
When a user entered the SQL admin deferred reports view and refreshed the page, some information and button displays were generating an error. We have solved this issue and now contents load correctly.
UX improvements to Centralized Content Management
Our improvements to Centralized Content Management continue. The team has added steps instructions to better guide users through the creation of content on the tool.
There are also new feedback messages to confirm the creation of Master activities to the user.
Thanks to the work done for 3.10 MP2, Open LMS now has its own integration to test accessibility in different views and elements across all the platforms. The following are the following plugins that had an initial improvement from this new integration.
Updated accessibility for plugins
For this release, we worked on improving Snap, Centralized Content Management, and My Account, focusing on six pain points:
- Keyboard navigation.
- Aria attributes for improving the feedback from screen readers.
- Unique attributes, we’ve deleted some duplicate IDs.
- Any element that is interactive, will be focusable and usable with the keyboard.
- We’ve added alternate texts for elements that were lacking it.
- Color contrast.
With these elements, we are aiming to aid people with different types of disabilities.
The next steps to improve our accessibility (currently in the research phase) will be to work on Conduit Queue Management and Open Reports.
Open LMS has partnered with the content company Go1. Open LMS’s integration with the Go1 Content Hub gives clients access to the largest eLearning library, containing 100,000 courses from over 200 of the world’s top training providers. With courses for compliance, professional development, personal growth, and everything in between, Go1 helps organizations save time and money while enhancing their culture of learning.
Offering to our Open LMS clients:
- Complimentary Course Pack: A bundle of five (5) courses pre-selected by the Go1 team. (Access for one year)
- Complimentary Course Curation: Clients have the option to add any five (5) additional courses with the help of the Go1 team. (Access for one year)
- Premium Subscription: Access to all available courses from the Content Hub.
- Open LMS WORK
Open LMS WORK has the plugin installed by default. Clients would need to request the credentials and the setup of their plugin via a support ticket.
- Open LMS EDU
Open LMS Edu has added the plugin into Cpanel, but it is not available by default. Therefore, clients would need to request the plugin activation, request credentials, and the setup of their plugin via a support ticket.
Bug Fixes and Minor Enhancements
- Fix test and Backport Moodle Security fix (MDL-71797)
- Backport Moodle Security fixes (MDL-71976, MDL-71726, MDL-71160, MDL-71240)
3.10 MP1 H1
- admin/tool/ally: DBunit deprecation from PhpUnit
- Fix PostgreSQL build Block admin presets – berklee attendance
- mod_hvp: Delete some courses generates error
3.10 MP1 H2
- Go1 automated tests
- Fix go1 navigation ‘Exit’ button.
- Special characters not rendered in message notification emails
3.10 MP1 H3
- Collect recordings information and restore the count Phase 1
- Gridimage plugin images are regenerated with new file ids and cause events to be sent to Ally
3.10 MP1 H4
- Atto Bootstrap Grid still not working in some sites
- Bug reported related to topic content and embedded file maps
- Collab settings – Hide migration button for all users
- Coding error encountered by SAML users in Snap theme when update local “on every login” is set
3.10 MP1 H5
- local_csaccessmanager, users are always deactivated
- SOAP migration – Change the message when there are discrepancies in the information
3.10 MP1 H6
- Update SENCE block, critical issue for a client
3.10 MP1 H7
- Snap lazy loading for course sections prevents the option “copy to sharing cart”, from displaying on activities
- Backport Moodle Security fixes
3.10 MP1 H8
- SOAP to REST Migration failed in postgres sites.
- Fix test and Backport Moodle Security fix
- New validation to show migration button
- Conduit – Quarantine queue improvement
- Backport : mod_bigbluebutton PhpUnit test broken for 3.10.2
- Tests failing by “And I set the following system permissions of “Teacher” role:” step
- My Account – Modify the existing information of the General view for the right column – Desktop view
- Snap carousel indicator overlaps with site admin menu on the front page preventing users from selecting admin menu item
- Text overlaps in bsgrid columns with long words/text – Look And Feel
- Ally – Fix filter setup activating on subsequent calls when its off
- Snap – Make web services use readonly sessions
- Error: “Download table data as” from the option “Active and registered users”
- Course Access from user profile interface no longer works correctly using the Snap theme
- Conduit – As mrsupport user I can interrupt a queue course feed
- Ally filter – Bump release and release to moodle.org
- Remove the “Label” activity from the “Deadlines” section
- GO1 – Hide settings for users
- Warning message is displayed on notifications page
- Liquidus – Obfuscate the user hash even further adding the site shortname to the mix
- PLD – Course end date event is still triggered when Course end date is disabled
- Remove logstore_bbdata
- Upgrade question type All-or-Nothing Multiple Choice
- Liquidus – Add ability to track user’s data
- Liquidus – Add more data to the static shares
- Liquidus – Add form submission tracking setting
- Behat step “i_am_on_page_instance_logged_in_as” not working in bamboo
- Deferred reports – Allow mrsupport and a set of users to see the full list of reports
- Rename two Conduit flags
- Fix PostgreSQL build Block mrteacherselfenrol – Block reports
- Fix PostgreSQL build Block dynamicsyllabuscourse – Enrol lmb_privacy
- Fix PostgreSQL mrenrollrule – geniusws
- Fix PostgreSQL build iclicker – mrooms
- Liquidus – Add support for Google Analytics 4.
- Add ‘report’ as a plugin category to the control panel class
- CCM – Separate and refactor files (Angular)
- CCM – Implement the new AX steps to CCM
- CCM – Steps instructions when creating a master and a replica
- Enrolment Key based self-registration (auth_enrolkey plugin v2020011400) non-functional
- Upgrade mod_bigbluebuttonbn
- Drag and drop question type not displayed correctly in Snap
- CCM – Verify icon titles
- CCM – Feedback when the user creates master or replica
- Ally – Cache annotation_maps
- The update fails with some buttons or information in the Deferred reports option (Generate bad user experience).
- Look of Configuring a Conduit block
- Mod url encrypt legacy log deprecation
- In Snap, in the ATTO editor the list of items for the icon “Paragraphs styles” is not formatted properly.
- Ally – Load active filter state once
- Problem 120062 – Specific email addresses in CC and BCC fields within PLD rules do not respect divertallemails config
- My Account – Evaluate the existing code to separate the redesign by parts
- My Account – Modify the general structure of the General view – Desktop view
- My Account – Modify the existing information of the General view for the left column – Desktop view