Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.11 MP1 Release. This is a working document, so follow this page and check back often for updates!
April 21, 2022
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their timezone:
- Eastern, Amazon, and Newfoundland-Labrador Timezones: April 21, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM EDT
- Central Timezone: April 21, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Timezones: April 21, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM PDT
- South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil datacenter): April 21, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM BRT
- EMEA (Frankfurt datacenter): April 21, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): April 21, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU datacenter): April 21, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM AEST
Non-Production Sites Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, April 7, 2022, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
Downtime will be required for your production and non-production sites during this window.
Upgrade to Core 3.11.5
As part of this maintenance pack, the team in Open LMS upgraded the platform to 3.11.5, adding the corresponding fixes, improvements, and security patches of versions 3.11.4, 3.11.5, and additional important backports.
For the full releases notes from Moodle.org, please see:
Conduit bulk delete and bulk download
With this new release, admin users will now be able to bulk delete and bulk download files within the Quarantine section of Conduits Queue Manager.
Files that have been uploaded to the Queue Manager and were not able to be executed by Conduit, are added to the Quarantine queue. Now admins can select files within this queue and delete or download them in bulk.
This is not a default setting, so please request its activation via a support ticket if needed.
Accessibility Matrix in My account
Now, our EDU clients have a new view within the My Account page. This new section is called Accessibility and can be found in SNAP, Boost, and Classic. This view will serve as a point of reference where the Admin users can have information about how Open LMS is improving the accessibility of multiple plugins and how we are solving issues for different types of disabilities.
In parallel to the matrix, we worked in solving accessibility issues in three of our major plugins in Open LMS:
|Snap||In a course view, the search bar in the TOC, had a slight problem with the label, the title attribute were changed to an aria-label, to ensure that every form element is not solely labeled using the title or aria-describedby attributes.|
|My Account||Table headers, plugins, and rules status had changed their color/background color to a darker one to improve the color contrast of the page|
|Centralized content manager||While creating a Master and a Replica, some headers were changed to have a semantic order of headings.||Checkbox to select all the Replicas had removed the label and an aria-label attribute was added to the input to ensure that every form element has a label.|
UX and UI enhancements
As part of our commitment to improving usability and the user experience of our platform and plugins, we have made the following UX and UI enhancements to SNAP.
Snap upgrade page
When upgrading new plugins, a Moodle version, or new settings, the form pages weren’t being displayed accordingly with Snap guidelines. New styles were added to fix this and help the pages look cleaner.
Snap’s menu cog
For some views in SNAP, the admin cog icon wasn’t being displayed, this was problematic to the users since they needed to navigate to other pages to use that functionality and it was not consistent with the navigation or ease of use.
Views where the icon was added:
- Category views
- My Account view
Mobile App new version
Our new Open LMS App version, the 18.104.22.168, was released to our Android and iOS stores, and it has unique improvements from the Open LMS team:
Open LMS App users are now able to sync their Open LMS events to their device calendar, and get useful notifications and reminders
Plugin reviews and updates
Updates to plugins you are already using will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request it.
Plugins you are not already using will not be available automatically and will need to be requested in a support ticket.
|Name||Old Version||New Version||Component|
|Enrolment key based self-registration||2021021700.03||2022011200||auth_enrolkey|
|Atto Paste Special||2016031100||atto_pastespecial|
Special considerations for plugins
Atto Paste Special – This is a community plugin for the Atto editor, that allows the user to paste content from several different rich formatting areas and either import the styling or import as unformatted text.
This plugin is available for all clients but is not turned on by default. Its activation should be requested via a support ticket.
IMPORTANT for O365 Plugins: The O365 plugins will have a major upgrade for our next version release (3.11MP3), which will require Azure app changes on your part. Please take a look at the documentation that we have created to detail these changes.
If you are using these plugins, we recommend you start reviewing the Azure app changes that you will need to make, in order to avoid any conflicts or issues with the plugins.
To be removed in 2022
We are considering EOLing Open Forums (mod_hsuforum), as current core forums offer very similar functionality. It is still under revision and we will keep you informed on any updates and decisions regarding this.
We will also be in the process of removing Legacy Lof (legacy_log) during this year.
This also applies to the plugin Progress Bar (block_progress). The creators of this plugin suggest the use of the Completion Progress block instead because it is faster and more efficient, easier to use, and more compatible with additional plugins. In Open LMS EDU we already have Completion Progress block, so we suggest you switch to it before the EOL of Progress Bar.
Bug Fixes and Minor Enhancements
- Backport Moodle 3.11.6 security patches
3.11 MP1 H1
- Backport – 3.11 Dashboard Loads Slowly (30 seconds)
- Course Catalog, in snap course catalog link is not available for students.
- Collaborate recordings cannot be deleted
3.11 MP1 H2
- SOAP migration: Increase the strictness for displaying the failure alert (migrationstatus = 6)
3.11 MP1 H3
- Track admins only using Liquidus MP1
3.11 MP1 H4
- Hide identifiable user information implicitly sent from Liquidus events
- Check Appcues capabilities to create custom onboarding flows
- Faulty language string breaks Snap custom CSS box when the French language is used.
3.11 MP2 RC2
- GB Size Files Stall when downloaded from Moodle
- Snap, Label – Links to Label activities are not working correctly
- Wrong link in Snap settings
- Elluminate error to create an H5P activity
- Update Supported tags table tags for Best-practice tag for My Account accessibility view
- Snap theme: Images are missing in quiz review when ‘drag and drop onto images’ question type is used
- Collaborate: Add option to show/hide the timestamp of the session.
- Collaborate: Add option to Override Group Mode.
- Sharing Cart – An error is displayed after the user clicks on copy to course button
- Deferred report SELECT statement cannot contain a question mark
- Suspended users show in open grader
- Design for Upgrade settings page for Snap
- Snap: Filter Icon, Settigs Icon, Isn’t Fully Displayed
- PLD: Validate the different behavior in Boost and Snap, at the time of redirecting to the other activity
- H5P preview not loaded due to mismatched context
- CCM: Randomly Delete Master Error
- Safeassign Similarity scores do not come across in course restore
- SafeAssign submission sync may fail if online text submission has been edited by an instructor
- String ‘Open Grader’ and ‘Open Forum’ is translated incorrectly in several languages
- MP3 files uploaded to folder resources will not play in Chrome
- GB Size Files Stall when downloaded from Moodle
- Ally – Raise event to Ally when a course is imported
- String ‘Open reports experimental’ is translated incorrectly in several languages
- Output can not be buffered before calling download_data() error when admins try to download users from the bulk user setting
- Add index to improve mod_forum query performance