Here’s everything you need to know about the Open LMS 3.11 MP3 Release. This is a working document, so follow this page and check back often for updates!
June 16, 2022
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their timezone:
- Eastern, Amazon, and Newfoundland-Labrador Timezones: June 16, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM EDT
- Central Timezone: June 16, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Timezones: June 16, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM PDT
- South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil datacenter): June 16, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM BRT
- EMEA (Frankfurt datacenter): June 16, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): June 16, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU datacenter): June 16, 2022, at 12:30 AM – 2:30 AM AEST
Non-Production Sites Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, June 02, 2022, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
Downtime will be required for your production and non-production sites during this window.
Course format: Tiles
Following requests from our clients, we have now added a new course format to Open LMS EDU: Tiles, a community plugin that is very well-liked. This new format works for all our themes, Boost, Classic, and Snap.
The course format Tiles displays the course topics as “Tiles”, in a grid rather than as a list. When clicked, tile content is displayed under the tile with an animated transition. For each tile, the teacher can pick an icon from a predefined set, or upload a background photo.
Tiles format in SNAP
Tiles format in Boost
Plugin reviews and updates
Updates to plugins you are already using will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request them.
Plugins you are not already using will not be available automatically and will need to be requested in a support ticket.
|Name||Component||Old Version||New Version|
|Interactive Content – H5P||mod_hvp||2021061100||2022012000|
|Google SAML Auth||auth_gsaml||2021112600||2022041300|
|Snap feeds block||block_snapfeeds||2021112600||2022041300|
|Availability by release code||availability_releasecode||2022041300||2021060100|
|Atto Full screen||atto_fullscreen||2015122011||2015122012|
|Face to face||mod_facetoface||2021120901||2021120904|
Special considerations for plugins
IMPORTANT for O365 Plugins: The O365 plugins will have a major upgrade for our 3.11MP3 release, which will require Azure app changes on your part. Please take a look at the documentation that we have created to detail these changes.
If you are using these plugins, we recommend you start reviewing the Azure app changes that you will need to make, in order to avoid any conflicts or issues with the plugins.
To be removed in 2022
We are considering EOLing Open Forums (mod_hsuforum), as current core forums offer very similar functionality. It is still under revision and we will keep you informed on any updates and decisions regarding this.
We will also be in the process of removing Legacy Lof (legacy_log) during this year.
This also applies to the plugin Progress Bar (block_progress). The creators of this plugin suggest the use of the Completion Progress block instead because it is faster and more efficient, easier to use, and more compatible with additional plugins. In Open LMS EDU we already have Completion Progress block, so we suggest you switch to it before the EOL of Progress Bar.
Bug Fixes and Minor Enhancements
Security updates from 3.11.7
- Backport 3.11.7 security fixes
3.11 MP2 H1
- Backup fails if the section name has only blank spaces (Backport MDL-72762)
3.11 MP2 H2
- When adding tile (New Section) or Adding a new activity in section-0, the navigation should have the same behavior as the section
- The submission status stays “Submitted for grading” after a submission is removed by or for the student – MDL-66203 not applied as part of 3.11 MP2
3.11 MP2 H3
- Ally indicators missing on files, folders, and embedded images
- Backport code checker changes to MP2
- Fix new code checker style for 3.11 MP2 and 3.11 MP3
3.11 MP2 H4
- Ally indicators missing on files, folders, and embedded images – part 2
- Backport 3.11.7 security fixes
- mod_hsuforum: Open Forum activity name truncated/uses ellipsis and activity icon disappears when using mobile phone browsers
- Offsite backup shipment task times out
- Local lis module is not processing bulk data transfers
- Handling of Blackboard Collaborate data during deletion processes
- Fix failing tests left behind from INT-17947
- Merge: 3.11.6 to release/3.11+3
- Admin ad-hoc reports and deferred reports SELECT statement cannot contain a question mark in sites with postgressql
- Error Redirecting to CCM Page
- Users are not able to access the sites from the front page – error message
- Remove old functionality from activity chooser
- PLD email not sending image files
- Possible conduit looping issue
- Timeline block can cause sessionwaiterr errors
- Collaborate recordings not deleted from Blackboard servers after they have been deleted in Moodle
- txt documents with Japanese characters using SJIS are not rendering correctly when converted via assignment grader
- Users with suspended enrollments are still shown in the open grader
- Remove local/mrooms dependencies from local/Drift
- Open reports experimental: Hidden quiz grades are visible for students
- Upgrade Mahara for 3.11 MP3
- Allow for configuration of convert_submissions task limit
- Open Reports – README file
- Block progress legacy log deprecation
- Snap Course Dashboard will not load after clicking link to section in table of contents
- Grader forum button “Show discussion” is not displayed.